Friday, April 15, 2011

A'dam and Football

Wednesday I headed up to Amsterdam to hang out with Meike, Lotte and Eva. We headed out on our 3 bikes with me riding on the back of Meike's cruiser. We went to a cafe and drank Budweiser Budvar which is a Czech beer, not American. It was good and cheap and the cafe was very cozy. This is a pic of Lotte, me and Eva.

The next morning we met a few of our teammates at the Under Armour Sample Sale near the Old Olympic Stadium in Amsterdam. There were great deals on all different clothes, shoes and accessories. Everyone left with something and some with bags full of items for themselves and others. After that shopping we went for lunch at the Albert Cuyp Markt which is a big daily flea market. There were 7 Terrasvogels girls at lunch and then shortly after we began to part ways for some going to run errands, go home or shop.

Friday was Football day!! We started with 6 Terrasvogels at Dana and Solange's apartment for putting together our warm up CD for our games tomorrow and for dinner. The food was fantastic! Dana cooked and Indonesian meal of rice with vegetables, chicken with peanut sauce, some little white puff chips and more sauces. Solange and Marije's indoor soccer team needed some players for the Championship game (I did not know it was the championship game until the game was over and I saw the other team getting flowers and medals). Eva, Meike and I joined in on the game and it was the first indoor game for the three of us. The game was awesome even though we lost 7-4. There were some close shots, but it was just fun to play another competitive game with my friends. This is a pic of the playing field. I forgot to get a photo of the team in our uniforms, but we did have light blue uniforms just like one of the teams in the picture. I have played soccer in the past while growing up and also in a women's league since finishing college. However, I have only played outdoor and not indoor so it was a new challenge. Our team manager for Terrasvogels also made an appearance at the game since he heard that so many of us were playing. It was nice to have a fan. We lost our soccer game, but we should win our 4 softball games this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment