On Friday, I went to my first bachelorette party. My head coach is getting married on the 15th of May so seven teammates, myself and four other of her friends were celebrating together. We all had shirts made with five funny pictures of my coach on the front and a funny saying on the back. The saying was, "Bini, bis du heiratst is ois wida guat!" I had a few people translate it for me and it means something like,
"Until you are married, everything is okay or good." I am still not sure if this is supposed to be positive or negative for getting married, but it is apparently a common funny saying out here. To tie in with the saying, each of the friends of the bride were wearing some sort of cast or brace. This is because our coach tends to get hurt at least once a year and because of the saying, she won't be hurt anymore after she is married. Fortunately, one of the Pee Wees girls is a doctor and has access to casts and braces. Each of the twelve girls were wearing a cast on their arms or legs or knee brace. It was really funny, especially the leg casts. Especially when we went out dancing later in the night. I chose to have an arm cast on. Unfortunately, the cast I chose was one that someone had that also covered his/her hand in a weird way. So, my entire right arm hand was useless. This made if very difficult to eat and I kind of felt like my arm was broken. My friend Kathrin even had one on her finger hahaha.
We started the night at my coach Bini's house with food and games. There was this massive pretzel sandwich thing which was awesome, followed by lots of drinks and snacks.
After two hours or so we went to a club for dancing and more partying. It is very common in Austria for the bride-to-be to sell things for money during her bachelorette party. She did not want to sell anything too crazy or scandalous, so she was selling chocolate bars to people at the club. It was really funny especially since she was wearing a helmet, catcher's chest protector, elbow and knee pads. I thought it was little dorky, but she thought it was hilarious, so mission accomplished. Overall it was a fun night.
No comments:
Post a Comment