Our new American catcher came on Friday. She was originally scheduled to arrive on

Thursday night and we had a big welcome party planned for her. However, Thursday morning, after sending around a few texts, no one of knew of her flight information besides the time she was arriving. I sent her mom a message on facebook and was informed that she missed one of her connecting flights so she would be arriving on Friday morning instead. So me and my friend Kathrin went to pick her up early on Friday morning. I made 2 signs that had Jamie's name on it so that she could spot us at the airport. It was funny when we would see a sporty looking girl or someone with a ponytail we kept saying, "Jamie it's Jamie!" hahaha. When we saw her we both knew it was her. However, she had no bags :( They would be delivering them in the afternoon to my teammates house where she would be staying.
It was a nice day outside so we picked up Neeli, her new housemate/teammate and went into St.Poelten for a drink and a small tour. I then stayed for lunch at Neeli's house. Her mom is an excellent cook :) She made schnitzel for Jamie's arrival and first meal and some salad and potatoes. It was excellent.
We then had practice later and everyone was very happy with how Jamie was playing. After practice we celebrated her arrival with some Champagne and cake. I also made a collage of pictures for Jamie of the team so that she could get to know us and our names faster. Caro, the center fielder made it for me last year so I made one this year. It was really cool but I forgot to take a picture of it.
After the little celebration at the field, 8 Pee Wees went to Volksfest. It is a

carnival in town not far from the field. We all got something to eat and a drink and hung out for about 2 hours. A few of the girls had to umpire early on Saturday so they called it an early night. And Jamie was getting tired after her long time of traveling. I stayed

with 2 teammates and we went to a tent where one of the baseball players was bartending. We stayed for a little while and then met Walter and Gregor as my teammates were leaving. We then stayed for a few hours hanging out in one of the tents and later the American Football guys came to join us. Then there were lots of laughs and drinks going around. It was a really fun day and night :)
No comments:
Post a Comment