We played our first league games on Saturday against the Linz Witches. They were one of the bottom two teams from the league last year and they are not as good this year. We won the first game 8-1 in 6 innings and the second game 9-1 in 5 innings. In the first game, I played shortstop, had an error on a really slow grounder, but hit well. I walked once, got a single on a bunt, and had the walk off in the park two-run homerun to finish the game. It was a nice hit in the bottom of the sixth that one-hopped the fence. It was really funny because the slowest girl on our team, who is 42 years old was on first base when I got the hit. When I rounded first base, I was already within the same base path as my teammate. When I crossed home I was probably 4 or 5 steps behind her. It was a cool feeling once I scored because of the homerun, but also because the game was over after that. I had totally forgot that we only needed 2 more runs to end the game.

The next game, I started at shortstop again so that one of our younger pitchers could get two more innings of work. Once I went in to pitch, I struck out all 9 batters I faced. I threw perfect for the last 3 innings of the game. It was a nice way to start the season, but a high bar to set. My hitting was also good this game. I had 2 hits, a double and a triple. For the day I had a single, double, triple and homerun. I went 4 for 6 with 1 flyout to center and a error by the second baseman. My slugging is now 1.666.
Also, in preparation for the first home games, me and another teammate Neeli painted our dugout in the colors of our team. Dark blue with two yellow "PW"s on each side of the dugout. I will take a picture tomorrow at practice to show you. It was fun and the team was really happy with how it looks. It make the field look more personal to our team and cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment